Monday, July 7, 2008

Weekend in a Nutshell

Here is the outline of my past weekend:

Friday:
Big hail storm. We had a hail storm with hail that was about 1 inch in diameter that lasted about 5 minutes. It was probably the loudest storm I've been around. My hubby was able to hear it off in the distance about 10 minutes before it even hit our place! Before the storm hit I noticed a big, beautiful rainbow outside...



I put the kids to bed at the usual time, because last year when I let them stay up for the fireworks they were off schedule for about 10 days. It just wasn't worth it this year. (I do have a slight twinge of regret concerning this. After all... fireworks only come around once a year.)

Saturday:
Robby took his first step!

I had a friend over for lunch and crafts, which was fun.

Sunday:
My kids and I spent the day with my parents and sister who live 1 1/2 hours from here, we did some grocery shopping at my favorite big health food store, went to a used bookstore, and hung out for most of the day. Here are a couple of pictures (the first one is my dad and Robby, and the second is Madeleine climbing a tree.)



Robby took 4 steps in a row after we got home from our visit with my parents. He'll be walking in no time!

Today:
It's my 6th wedding anniversary! How time flies!

I took some pictures earlier of my three cuties and was happily surprised they all smiled at the same time for me! It must be their anniversary gift to me.

No comments: