Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Mastitis, Paper Crafts, Etc.

Yesterday evening, after tucking my sweet children into bed I realized I was feeling the soreness I connect with Mastitis. I went and drank a glass of water, but didn't feel up to eating fresh garlic (which has helped in the past) and didn't have cabbage to help with inflammation. It was too late to take a hot shower, so I put hot clothes on the infected area and pumped to try to clear the clogged duct. Although I did a couple of the things I know to do, I still came down with a fever, chills, felt nauseated, and got one of the worst headaches I've ever had. I slept horribly and just knew I was going to have to call my new friend to tell her I wouldn't be able to come over for our little visit. This morning I couldn't walk around without making my head pound worse, so I took 2 Advil and within 20 minutes I felt much better. I took a quick trip to town to check my mail and get some cabbage before deciding I felt up for a visit after all and packed up some paper craft items to play with.

As I was headed over for the little get together I realized I had left the house nearly 30 minutes too soon, so took a little drive to look for wild flowers. I didn't find the Paintbrush flowers I was looking for, but saw some other pretty ones that looked too prickly to pick. After our little detour, I drove the rest of the way to our destination.

Our kids had fun playing outside for about 5 hours on our new friends' swing set, trampoline, and sandbox and eating watermelon, strawberries, kiwis, and Popsicles. While the kids had lots of outdoor fun we enjoyed our relaxing time making 11 cards - mostly birthday invites. It was a lovely afternoon!

Now that I've bored everyone with my mundane life I had best be going. It's past my bedtime! :)

No comments: