Saturday, June 21, 2008

This Week

What a crazy week I've had! I don't even know where to begin. I'll just tell you the minor details of the week. Things like my aching knees, hip, back and shoulder. I feel about 80-years-old and it doesn't feel very nice. I'm not even sure how I threw something out of place. My guess is when I took my dog, Lady for a walk about two weeks ago and she kept jumping off the trail forgetting she was on a leash. My arm and everything else kept getting jerked this way and then that way... I came back aching, then within a couple of days of that I noticed my knee hurting, then my hip, then my back, and shoulder. Or maybe it was when I was helping chase sheep around to give them their shots. You get in all kinds of weird positions doing that. Whatever it was, I think it's healing. It's hard to tell, though.

My right arm is all bruised up from helping my goat, Ruby get unstuck from the fence for the past couple of weeks. She was out grazing with all the other female goats, but always wanted to get to the water or food in the male's pen, so she would stick her head through and get stuck (her horns wouldn't allow her to get out). So, I finally put her in the pen. I decided it would be better for her to get bred the wrong time of year than to die of dehydration or heatstroke if I didn't get to her on time. Summer is finally here and I don't want her dying! The problem didn't come to an end, though! Now she sticks her head out of the pen and I've decided there is no method to her madness. She is just a very dumb animal. I'm starting to wonder why I had to have this goat in the first place! We were taking care of her and a bunch of other goats all winter for an acquaintance and I decided I really wanted her. Maybe because she is the daughter of the best goat we ever had, Snowflake. Maybe it was because she had just had kid goats who were females and they were so cute I just had to have them. Whatever the reason, I ended up with the dumbest goat a girl could ask for! I may have to find another home for her. One where they don't use cattle panels to pen up their animals.

Well, I better sign off for now. I'm going to have a lovely day of crafting with a couple of my very good girlfriends. I made up a good lunch for us - Thai food and pie. Yum! I hope you all have had a lovely week!

No comments: