Saturday, June 14, 2008

Snow!

A couple of days ago I was astonished to see snow flying outside! Back east it was in the 80's and 90's and here I was turning my heat on again and bundling the children up when they wanted to go out to play. Since the ground hasn't been frozen in awhile the snow melted as soon as it landed, but even so it was crazy seeing snow in mid June! It was in the 30's and the winds were strong and freezing. I can't remember another time that I've seen snow in June! Now it's in the 70's, blue skied, and sunny. Quite beautiful. I have finally begun the process of planting our indoor garden outdoors. If everything turns out we should have plenty of corn of several different varieties among many other vegetables and herbs. I sure hope it stays a bit warmer from here on out! At least until October...

No comments: