Thursday, February 21, 2008

Warning: Females ONLY Post

My finger is healing nicely and is back to typing! It healed quicker than I had expected, which, of course, was a nice surprise.

This morning I woke up with a breast infection. I hate those! Once you get one you're more prone to get them. I had several of them after Madeleine was born. So, whenever my immune system is lacking I seem to come down with an infection. The symptoms of these infections include: fever, feeling sick to the belly sometimes, achy-ness, very sore breast, and usually red or purple in the infected area. Having had these as much as I have, I did a lot of research and experimenting on what to do when I get hit with one. Usually, now, I can nip the problem in the bud, but this time I had no warning since I was sleeping when it came on! Here's what helps: fresh garlic (helps kill infections), clean cabbage leaves placed on breast (I just shove mine in my bra - funny, but it helps!), drinking more water than usual, a hot shower, and I know there are other helpful tips, but I've forgotten what they were. Maybe they weren't the most helpful. However, if any of you out there end up with this problem, give me a call or send an email my way and I'll be sure to go find all the info I have on it to pass on to you!

No comments: