Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Inperfection

Today has been a day full of mistakes - more than usual. I planned today full of treats - a baking day. My plan was to make two blueberry pies, two batches of pecan puff cookies, cinnamon rolls, and baklava. I started off by putting a batch of cinnamon roll dough in my bread machine. An hour later I smelled something burning and found that I had set my bread machine on the wrong setting and it was cooking my dough! Oh bother. So I started another batch and realized after it was too late that the recipe I had used so many other times said "milk" not "water". Where was my head?! I decided it would probably be okay with water and left it. When the bread machine finished with the dough setting I took it out and followed the recipe closely. After it was done baking and being frosted it was test taste time. That's when it was discovered that they were doughy in the middle. My oven knob numbers had been slowly wearing off, so I've been doing a lot of guess work with oven temperatures lately. It finally took it's toll and my luck caught up to me. LOL. What a bummer! Still, the ones on the outside taste good. I'm baking a batch of baklava now and don't think I'll get to all the other wonderful goodies I had planned for today! I'm feeling tired and need to think of what to make for dinner. Maybe I'll heat up leftover sweet and sour chicken that I made yesterday and start a fresh batch of rice in my rice maker. Anyway, I'm hoping there is no adventure involved with the making of the baklava. It was the first time I've made it and I was doing most of it one handed since little Robby didn't want to sit in his highchair anymore. Here's a picture of Robby helping me type:


I hope all is well with all of you! :o)

No comments: