Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Tickets

Well, there has been a change in plans. The children, Brad, and I will probably all fly out at once. I found a deal where we can fly from Missoula, MT to Las Vegas, NV for $39.99/per person. A couple of months ago I stumbled upon Spirit Airline where they have tickets going from Las Vegas to Managua, Nicaragua for about $200/per person (they still do). So, it looks like we can get to our destination for about $240 each. There's no doubt that adds up with needing 5 tickets, but it's a lot cheaper than if I were to buy tickets going from Missoula, MT to Managua, Nicaragua (right now each ticket is about $985). The thing I haven't looked into is how much luggage costs to take over. I've heard that's where they "get" you nowadays. I'm hoping it's not too expensive.

I looked up the weather prediction for this week in the area of Nicaragua that we're interested in and it's supposed to be in the upper 70's all week. That sounds so much nicer than what we're expected to get here this week - mainly 30's. That part of this adventure excites me. I sure am going to miss my friends and family a whole lot, though.

1 comment:

Anna said...

sounds like a great deal you got; what is the departure date?