Thursday, May 1, 2008

My Absence

Usually when I don't find time to write it's because I'm busy living. The kind of living that stands out in my mind years later. During my writing absence this last time I took a trip with my family (my children and husband) to Portland, Oregon to see my sister, Kara. We had a good time there and the children did GREAT on the drive there and back. I was happily surprised by that blessing since it was an eleven hour drive. During our visit there we also got to see some old friends of mine over across the border of Washington - it was really good to see them after nearly 6 years! Once we got back from our trip I had two days to unpack and clean house before my mother-in-law came for a six day visit. We enjoyed visiting with her, playing games, going shopping, swimming at the local hot spring, and eating some yummy meals and desserts. After she left I needed a couple of days of unwind time before getting back into everyday routine. I took it real easy the day after she left, then yesterday I worked on laundry, gave a reading lesson to my children, then headed over to play games with a very good friend of mine and her kids. I think we played 3 different games of Scrabble within 4 hours! We had a lot of good giggle time. I also made a new discovery about my very good friend; she is AWESOME at making long words!

Well, that's a very busy 2 weeks in a nutshell! I hope all is well with you and yours!

No comments: