Saturday, February 7, 2009

This Beautiful Week

It has been another full week of living! Last Sunday we went on a lovely, 8-hour-long drive in gorgeous low 40's weather. I was amazed to see bits of green grass coming up and small buds on trees in some areas of the countryside we drove through. In the area we live now we won't get to see that until May (normally) - I almost wonder if this year might be different. We've had a warm February for this area - mostly high 30's/low 4o's, although a few days even hit the low 50's! I'm thankful to be getting more daylight hours each day and plenty of warm sunshine to enjoy!

On Wednesday we kept real busy. I have been borrowing a van from a friend when Brad is away on business trips and we wanted to begin making it up to her by buying her a new windshield, so we had to take that into the town that is about 30 miles from here to get that done. It was supposed to take the glass shop half of a day to do the job. We knew we didn't have 6-hours-worth of things to do in town, so after doing our main grocery shopping we headed back home where Brad had to check up on some work related things and I needed to put the groceries away. Once we were done with that we headed out again to a town about 20 miles from here to get new tires on our new (used) vehicle (we decided a couple of weeks ago it was time for a second vehicle - one that would sit our family after the baby is born). After that errand was done we went back home where I had a few hours to get things done around the house while Brad worked. We were all kind of tired by the time we had to go back to pick up the van. Robby fell to sleep in his car seat on the way, in fact. So, when we got to the glass shop it was decided that I would pick up the van, go buy myself a new mop at the cleaning and restaurant supply place, then get the few things we needed from the grocery store (a different one from the one we had shopped at that morning). That ended up leading to my first two hours alone since Robby was born! I must admit, it was quite energizing. By the time I got back home I had enough energy to feel happy while getting all of my evening chores done. It was great!

The rest of the week was filled with just regular activities around here; schooling, cooking, baking, cleaning, etc.

I've been enjoying some of my favorite types of views this week - sunshine shining in a beautiful, wide open blue sky against the snowy white peaks of the nearby mountains. With the warmer temperatures we've been getting this month Ethan, Madeleine, and Robby have been spending several hours of each day outside playing (their idea, of course). I'm often surprised at how much they find to do out there! Also, Brad has been able to work with the new calves quite a bit as well as our big guys, Curly Sue and Little Bill. We'll be taking the big guys to a winter fair next week, which should be interesting (hopefully, I'll can get some good pictures to share!)

No comments: