Monday, January 19, 2009

Yesterday and Today

Yesterday, I spent a good portion of the day outside with my family. I had a good time getting to know one of our new brindle calves (still unnamed), helping with farm chores, and just being out in the sunshine. The calf I mentioned a moment ago is already doing great with the commands, "Giddup", "Whoa", and "Back". I had a good time walking him around our yard. He seemed to like me and I like just about anyone/anything that likes me, so we're good buds now. For some reason he was very curious about my jacket. He sniffed it thoroughly every time he got a chance. I kept wondering if maybe he smelled the bits of hay I was unable to clean out of my pockets or what! It was very cute, though.

My hubby is gone again on a business trip, but will be back in less than a week. I seem to miss him more each time he is gone. Still, I'm thankful he has work, especially in times like these when everyone knows multiple people who have or are about to lose their job. To avoid thinking about missing him I plan on taking this day and just having a good, relaxing, crafty day. I entered one of my cards in an online challenge the other day to see how many comments I get. Whoever get the most or the second most comments wins a prize (rubber stamps). I plan on entering something else in the challenge today (an Origami box I plan on making today). Here's the card already entered: Click Here. Most likely I won't even come close to winning, but it's fun trying anyway! :)

Well, I hope everyone is having a great week! I'm going to try to post a couple of more times this week. I have pictures I've wanted to share with all of you, but have to remember to bring my camera upstairs first.

No comments: