Saturday, December 6, 2008

December Thus Far

My mother-in-law and sister-in-law are now here for their week long visit. We've been playing games, enjoying the outdoors, and eating plenty of good food. We had our late Thanksgiving on the 4th as planned and have been enjoying leftover pie ever since then. Yum! I'm convinced that I could never enjoy a store bought fruit pie again. There's nothing like a homemade fruit pie. The texture and taste are just so much better! The pecan and pumpkin pies are great, too. I guess the only store bought pies I ever get anymore are Cyrus O'Leary cream pies. I should figure out how to make those next!

My firstborn son lost his first tooth the day before yesterday! He sure was surprised when it actually wiggled out and has been excitedly showing off the empty space since then. How time flies. It seems like just last week I held him in my arms for the first time and just yesterday he was teething in those first teeth. Loosing teeth sure beats getting them in for the first time!

I haven't been writing as much since every time I sit down all I can seem to think is, "I'm exhausted and pregnant." That would get boring for all of my readers real quick. I also have the, "I'm exhausted and feeling yucky" days. Things are going well over all pregnancy-wise. I'm past the loosing weight part. I always loose weight for the first month or two since I don't feel like eating when I feel yucky. I don't get morning sickness as bad as many, but I do feel nauseous often. This time it has truly been morning sickness. In most of my pregnancies I've gotten the morning sickness feelings either randomly throughout the day or in the evenings. My midwife informed me that protein helps. Her tip has helped me tremendously! On the mornings after I've eaten a good size portion of meat (especially red meat, I've noticed) I don't seem to feel yucky at all!

I'll have to write again soon, but I'd rather get some pictures first. I would like to post some good ones of my sister-in-law and children riding the oxen and the oxen pulling a sled full of me and the kids. It's a fun activity! And to think, it benefits the oxen, too - good exercise and training! They can pull about 500 pounds now! They're still a bit young, but within the next 2-3 years we'll be able to use them for plowing, planting, harvesting, etc., etc. My hubby is working on fixing up a bunch of horse drawn equipment in his spare time. That way when the oxen are old enough and strong enough we'll be ready to do some real work! :)

1 comment:

Stephanie Cochrane said...

Carol lost her first tooth this past week too!!! It really feels like she's turned from a baby to a child. She has been so excited about the golden coin and beaded bracelet that the tooth fairy left her - such a magical occasion.